Start your Docker learning journey!
I wrote this book to give you a practical, step by step learning experience.
We start from the basics and you'll learn to build, ship, and run applications through working examples that resemble real-life project situations.
Published in June, 2018.PURCHASE NOW
- 326 pages of high quality learning content.
- Every chapter is built on code-along examples.
- We cover the entire build, ship and run cycle.
- Unique project focus with practices and detailed workflow.
- Continuous integration example.
- Swarm and Kubernetes deployment on AWS.
- State of the art; published in June, 2018.
- PDF, epub, and mobi formats with code samples in one zip file.
Why is this book special?
- This book is a code-along tutorial, I introduce every aspect of Docker through examples that you can build right away.
- The book has a special project focus to teach you how you can use Docker in your projects.
- Besides the learning examples, I added another 65 pages of build exercises with shell scripts, Node.js, Python, PHP, C, Golang, and more.
- In the last chapters, we build a complex example end to end using all the skills we learned in the book, plus we'll learn more.
What you will learn
|Build with Docker|
|Learn what Docker is and what problems it solves in software development projects.|
|We install Docker on your machine and start building together.|
|We start the journey by running applications in Docker containers.|
|Learn to manage Docker containers.|
|Container practices that are crucial for Dockerized project work.|
|Dive into Docker images, and see how images define containers.|
|Learn to manage images.|
|Find and select the best Docker images for your projects online.|
|Create your custom Docker images with the Dockerfile.|
|Learn Dockerfile best practices.|
|I’ll show you my image building workflow.|
|Image building exercises; including shell scripts, Node.js, Python, PHP, C, Golang,and more.|
|Dive into multi-container applications.|
|Define, build and run applications with the Docker Compose tool.|
|Build practices with Docker Compose.|
|A unique “build summary” chapter to outline of the build workflow.|
|Ship your applications|
|Learn how to ship your applications.|
|Ship your application’s Docker images to the Docker Hub.|
|Set up an automatic build workflow involving GitHub.|
|Set up your own Docker Registry.|
|Build a continuous integration example with Travis CI.|
|A unique ship summary chapter to outline the shipping workflow in Dockerized projects.|
|Run your applications|
|Learn how to run your high availability, scalable applications in production.|
|Set up and manage a Docker Swarm cluster.|
|Deploy your application stacks to the Swarm.|
|Scale and manage services in a Swarm.|
|A unique run summary chapter with an overview of typical run tasks in your projects.|
|End to end example where we dockerize a Flask application|
|Extend a Flask web application project to use Docker to build, ship and run the application.|
|Use Docker containers to generate the application code.|
|Use environment variables to drive various aspects of our project build.|
|Automate most project tasks.|
|Set up the Dockerized development environment.|
|Set up automated testing using Travis CI.|
|Set up the Dockerized production environment.|
|Deploy and run the web application on AWS in a Swarm cluster.|
|Deploy and run the web application on AWS in a Kubernetes cluster.|
You may be able to return the book that you bought for a refund. We will consider your return if we receive your request within 3 days of the date of purchase.
We take your privacy seriously and will take all measures to protect your personal information.
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.